Tuesday 5 June 2012

Sunday, Craft Day

This was the scene at one of my friend's houses this Sunday. Rainy days happen to be the perfect days for crafts, and Sundays are usually sleeping, lounge-around days anyways, so this all fit perfectly into my scheduling. It originally started with a pair of shorts I made using this tutorial. My friends thought I had bought them, and when I told them that I actually made the shorts out of a pair of my brothers old, old jeans, they said I had to show them. So, we all brought our old jeans (I thrifted mine for $5 from Value Village), and cut away.
I tried on the shorts before hand, marked how long I wanted them, and cut lines into them. They don't look the greatest right now, but as I experienced with the first pair I made, after washing them the rips become a lot more filled in and complete it perfectly. But we couldn't just stop with the cutting.
On the way to my friends house, we stopped by Michaels. These colours were on sale, so the three of them only ended up being around $5.25. Its a multi-surface paint, so it works on glass, wood, and also fabric! This was the result

I haven't washed them yet (hence the pink highlighter line marking where to cut), but I'm happy with how they came out! I also painted the belt loops in alternating pink, purple and yellow. Such happy, summer shorts!

Have a lovely week everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment